Data Science and business are becoming more and more intertwined. Data scientists, data engineers, as well as BI analysts’ work is already crucial to projects’ success in numerous industries. Here’…
Data Analysis with Excel for Complete Beginners
An introduction to the fundamentals of data analysis using Excel.
Data analysis skills are in increasing demand across a huge range of industries, but if maths is not your strong suit, it can be a daunting thing to learn. This ExpertTrack has been designed with exactly that in mind. It is a complete beginner’s guide to the subject, covering the basics of data analytics, maths, and Excel fundamentals to refresh your memory and build your confidence in these areas.
- data in life and society
- ways to build your data literacy
- data analysis methods
- how to create tables and pivot tables in Excel
- how to create data visualisations in Excel
- the maths behind data analysis
- how to apply basic inferential maths to your data sets.
Every course within this ExpertTrack is self-paced, allowing you to review the course content as quickly or as slowly as you’d like.
Brush up on your mathematics before delving into data analysis
Data analysis involves applying maths – whether it’s statistics or simple formula – to data sets. This ExpertTrack offers you the chance to refresh your maths knowledge before you get started so that you feel confident in mathematical notation, applying summary statistics, and calculating business metrics as you proceed through the courses.
Learn how to use Excel functions for data analysis
Microsoft Excel is one of the top tools for data analysis and the built-in pivot tables are arguably the most popular analytic tool.
You will learn how to perform data analysis using Excel’s most popular features, including how to create pivot tables from a range with rows and columns in Excel. You will see the power of Excel pivots in action and their ability to summarise data in flexible ways, enabling quick exploration of data and producing valuable insights from the accumulated data.
Grow your data analysis skills
Once you’ve covered the maths behind data analytics and the Excel functions to support it, you’ll be able to grow your analytics skills more directly. This involves creating flexible data aggregations and representing data visually. Before long, you’ll be able to calculate margins and other calculations, as well as filtering data and creating reports using simple Excel formulas.
Feel confident making data-driven decisions
All of this works towards offering you more control and confidence in your data. You’ll be able to apply your new-found skills in both decision making and problem solving at work. You can even use this as a pathway into more specialised training in data analysis.
Key skills you will learn
- Microsoft Excel
- Decision Making
- Data Analysis
In order to benefit from this course, it would be helpful to have a basic understanding of how to create formulas and how cells are referenced by rows and columns within Excel.
This ExpertTrack has been designed for learners who are new to Excel and to data analysis, who want to improve their skills.
You may want to advance your career, perform tasks more efficiently, or test out whether a career in data analysis is really for you.
ExpertTrack course overview
- Course 1
- Course 2
- Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel for Absolute Beginners
- course 3
- How to Use Microsoft Excel for Data Analysis Improve your skills using Microsoft Excel and associated Excel features, to better report and analyse your data.
- course 3
- Data Visualisation Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners Gain an introduction into data visualisations to communicate your data analytics to a diverse audience.
- course 4
- Essential Mathematics for Data Analysis in Microsoft Excel Understand the basic maths that powers data analysis with this beginner’s course.
Prove you’re job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
How ExpertTracks work
Join an ExpertTrack to master new skills in your chosen specialist area. Work through a series of topic-focused courses at your own pace, and pass the final assessment to earn a digital certificate award which proves your expertise.
Join a free 7-day trial
Decide if the Expert Track is right for you with free access to the full suite of courses and assessments for a week.
Keep learning for ₹900/month
Pay a monthly subscription fee of ₹900 for as long as it takes you to complete the Expert Track. You can learn at your own pace and cancel at any time.
Earn digital certificates
Receive a certificate for every completed course and pass the final assessment to earn a digital certificate.
Become an expert
Use your specialist training to progress further in your career or build expertise in areas you’re passionate about.
CloudSwyft has partnered with the top global technology companies to deliver cutting edge digital skills learning across the modern workplace.
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
What are our learners saying?
Add a new skill or forge a new path
“I recommend Futurelearn to anyone looking to learn and upskill…If you are in the job market, you might want to add a new skill or forge a new path.”Iniobong P.
They bring the classroom right to you
“FutureLearn courses are always interesting and informative. They bring the classroom right to you and send you on a journey to explore new ideas and offer interesting topics.”Gayle B.